|Back to listing||Apply|
Human Resources Intern (Unpaid)
Assist with all duties pertaining to the Human Resources function. This includes but is not limited to recruitment, training, risk management, benefits, and employee relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Intern will be trained on Infinium, our applicant and employee database and will be responsible for data entry to include: Applicants, New Hires, Benefits, Training Classes, and Work Actions.
- Intern will be trained on the application and employment process and will learn to conduct interviews.
- Intern will assist training team with set-up of training rooms and packaging of training materials.
- Intern will be trained to facilitate property tour for orientation groups and hotel history class.
- Intern will gain overview and knowledge of worker’s comp process.
- Intern will work with Benefits Manager to become familiar with different benefits packages and information pertaining to FMLA.
- Intern will assist the Assistant Director of Human Resources and the Human Resources Generalist with one employee appreciation event.
- Intern will assist Human Resources Coordinator with filing and dictation, as necessary.
- Promote the hotel through participation in the community organizations
- Intern will gain an overview of unemployment cases.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Completed or working toward college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Internship does need to be attached to college credit.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Word processing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds; up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Note: This unpaid internship must be recognized by intern’s collegiate institution as academic credit towards his/her chosen degree. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
|Back to listing||Apply|