|Back to listing||Apply|
635101-PGM Intern/ Assistant Golf Professional (Start May 1, 2015)
Assist golf professionals and golf director with various activities on a seasonal basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledgeable in golf club fitting and repair
- Aware of all golf rules
- Assist with golf tournaments for member and special events for hotel guests and groups
- Teach and conduct golf clinics and individual lessons
- Oversee cleanliness of all golf operations areas
- Assist with inventory levels and assist with the purchase process
- Assist with junior golf program
- Spread hospitality and goodwill for members and guests
- Play a respectable round of golf with members and/or guests when needed
- Register golfers for the three courses
- Complete Broadmoor Golf Training Course Curriculum
- Becoming proficient in all Golf Operations including budgets, tournament operations, staffing and scheduling and daily operations of the Broadmoor Golf Club.
- Performance Reviews:
- 3 month internships: review will be given at 35 - 45 days and upon completion of internship.
- 6 month internships: review will be given after 90 days and upon completion of internship.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or GED required; Bachelors degree (BA/BS) preferred. Minimum of 2 years experience in the Golf business. Previous Assistant Golf Professional experience preferred. Must be enrolled in a fully accredited Golf Management program.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Word processing, Spreadsheets, Payroll, E-mail, Order processing, Inventory, Database software
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Colorado drivers license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds, up to 25 pounds, and to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 100 pounds and more than 100 pounds with assistance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|