|Back to listing||Apply|
585104-Golf Course Maintenance Intern (May-Sept. 2014)
Responsible for general maintenance and conditioning of assigned golf course.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Rake bunkers by hand or operate mechanical rake
- Perform jobs as trained by supervisor and in a safe manner
- Assist with chemical management (fertilizers, pesticides, growth regulators): application scheduling; inventory control; IPM program implementation; and equipment calibration
- Assist with management functions: Personnel (issuance of daily work schedules and leadership)
- Assist with golf course management practices: greens/tees/fairways (mowing, core cultivation, other cultural practices) and course and tournament setup (cup and tee marker placements, course marking)
- Assist with routine equipment maintenance: grinding/lapping reels
- Assist with irrigation functions: drainage programming, installation, repair, system maintenance, and spot watering
- Assist with golf course special projects
- Assist in landscaping: tree pruning and planting; annual and perennial planting; and design
- Operate string trimmer or rotary mower to mow trim areas.
- Perform all mowing exercises including greens, approaches, tees, fairways land roughs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Knowledge of the game of golf.
Must currently be enrolled at a university/college majoring in horticulture, agronomy, or other turf/grass related field; or practicing under the supervision of the course superintendent for a specified length of time following graduation to gain experience for professional growth.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
This position has some “assistant” supervisory responsibilities. The intern is often responsible for assisting the First Assistant Superintendent or other supervisors with scheduling and other personnel issues.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and vibration. The noise level in the environment is loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|