|Back to listing||Apply|
Prepare all hot and cold food including salads, appetizers, sandwich fillings, and other cold dishes by performing the following duties. Assist the chef as necessary. Follow direction of the Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine and/or Sous Chefs in maintaining the highest standards of food quality, taste and production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Assist chef with inventory and ordering
- Prepare hot and cold food as specified in areas working in
- Prepare food for breakfast / lunch / dinner as assigned
- Maintain a clean, organized and sanitary work area following safety guidelines
- Follow all hotel and kitchen policies and procedures
- Advise chef when food inventory is depleted
- Must be able to understand and adjust recipes according to business levels
- Maintain a working knowledge of properly storing, rotating and maintaining products
- Must be able to maintain Servsafe and health department standards
- Maintain comprehensive preparation and knife skills
- Ability to check and complete mise en place and pars to set-up the station
- Prepare and service all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Ensure production of food in a timely manner
- Prepare food so that quality, taste and appearance of food is in accordance with Broadmoor standards
- Control proper usage and rotation of food
- Ensure food quality and appearance on buffet, and plated food, is in accordance with Broadmoor standards
- Alert Chef or direct supervisor to any food quality issues that could have an adverse effect on Broadmoor Resort culinary operations
- Maintain walk-in coolers and food storage areas on a daily basis
- Ensure work station and all equipment is clean and sanitized prior to the change of shift
- Ensure outlined prep is completed in a timely manner for the next shift
- Make sound judgment calls and decisions based upon principles set forth by The Broadmoor culinary management team
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Takes required breaks, notifying supervisor prior to leaving station
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACF Apprenticeship or culinary school graduate; at least two years of culinary experience. Must be fluent in both oral/written English language. Must be able to use knives and other kitchen equipment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock; work with explosives; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Occasionally push and/or pull 100+ lbs and lift up to 100 lbs with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|