|Back to listing||Apply|
Unpaid Training And Internal Communications Intern (College Credit Required, May Start)
Trains on all duties pertaining to the Training Department. This includes but is not limited to orientation, scheduling classes, communication and computer tracking. This may also include other areas in the Human Resources Department including but not limited to recruitment, benefits, risk management, and employee relations. NOTE: This is an unpaid internship and must be recognized by intern’s collegiate institution as academic credit towards his/her chosen degree. This is a full-time internship which entails 32-40 hours per week for 3 months.
Training will include the following. Other training may be assigned.
- Intern will gain an overview on the hotel training process
- Trained on Infinium database and the data entry process to include: trainingrequest, history and reports
- Assist training team with set-up of training rooms and packaging of training materials
- Trained to facilitate property tour for orientation groups
- Assist the Culture and Development Manager with execution of select employee events
- Assist with maintaining and updating The Broadmoor Employment social media sites which includes Facebook and Twitter
- Assist the Training and Communications Specialist with the creation and editing of our monthly employee news letter
- May assist with various projects
- Assist Human Resources Coordinator and Training and Communications Specialist with filing and desk coverage as necessary
- Intern may also shadow additional departments in the hotel when possible
- Promote the hotel through participation in the community organizations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working toward a Bachelor's Degree from a college or university in the area of Communications, Marketing or Hospitality Management. Ability to work independently and in a team environment, multi-task and attention to detail.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Database software
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds; up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|