|Back to listing||Apply|
300108-Jr. Sous Chef
Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other workers engaged in preparing and cooking food by performing the following duties. Follow direction of the Executive Chef, Chef de Cuisine and/or Sous Chefs in maintaining the highest standards of food quality, taste and production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Directly supervise 6-10 employees in the kitchens
- Monitor performance of assigned staff and ensure that all procedures are completed to department standards
- Responsible for daily line-ups, weekly management meetings, and monthly staff meetings
- Execute service duties and develop and execute training initiatives and procedures for all culinary positions in accordance with The Broadmoor Standards of Excellence and Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond standards.
- Requisition supplies and ensure timely and accurate ordering
- Implement daily and weekly cleaning checklists for stewards and cooks.
- Direct and establish daily operational procedures for employees in their daily responsibilities
- Ensure that all employee assignments are completed
- Assign and coordinate daily production and prep work for culinary staff to complete
- Delegate opening and closing procedures and duties
- Set strict guidelines for dry and perishable food storage within Colorado State Health regulations
- Inspect the cleanliness, sanitation, organization, and working condition of the service areas and work stations including all tools, equipment and supplies. Rectify deficiencies as needed
- Maintain high levels of quality and consistency in all aspects of food production.
- Conduct safety training classes in conjunction with the safety team on lifting, emergency procedures, proper knife handling, and so on
- Any and all duties assigned by management
- Train staff on consistent products, new recipes, specials, taste, presentation and hotel policies
- Ensure fair and consistent departmental rules and practice
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude at all times and maintain composure under pressure
- Assist Chef de Cuisine in updating recipes, plating instructions of all menu items, opening/closing procedures, and station set-ups
- Help train culinary and stewarding staff on an ongoing basis
- Observe workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed
- Give instructions to cooking personnel in fine points of cooking
- Cook and carve meats, and prepare dishes, such as sauces, during rush periods and for banquets and other social functions
- Assume responsibility for kitchen in absence of the Chef de Cuisine
- Ability to interact with guests in a friendly and professional matter
- Assist Chef de Cuisine with scheduling kitchen staff and be sure staff follows schedule accordingly
- Take required breaks, notifying supervisor prior to leaving station
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACF Apprenticeship or culinary school graduate; at least four years of experience in a full service restaurant; minimum of one year supervisory experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel); payroll systems; and order processing systems
Directly supervises 6-10 employees in the Culinary Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Occasionally push and/or pull 100+ lbs and lift up to 100 lbs with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.*TMJ *ED
|Back to listing||Apply|