|Back to listing||Apply|
Maintains restaurant kitchen work areas and restaurant front of house and back of house equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to work in clean and proper uniform as scheduled. Follows proper procedure on clocking in/out and signing in/out. Follows opening checklist for restaurant kitchen.
- Checks with supervisor on stewarding or culinary tasks to be completed.
- Sets up dish machine as needed. Ensures with test strips and thermometer that dish machine is at proper temperature and chemical level to meet Health Department standards.
- Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in specified racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine. Does not mix match china, glassware, utensils, bowls, etc.
- Washes pots, pans, and trays. Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors.
- Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated receptacle containers. Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
- Transports supplies and equipment between storage and work areas. Great care needs to be taken to avoid breakage of china and glassware.
- Assists on group functions with meal plate-ups as needed. Stores plates, silver and glassware needed for functions in warmer boxes or areas needed.
- Adheres to rules and regulations regarding breaks and meal breaks. Communicates with supervisors when leaving work area.
- Completes closing checklist at end of shift. Closing tasks to include emptying and cleaning dish machine, emptying and cleaning pot sink, washing worktables and walls, removing trash and cleaning trash cans, sweeping and mopping floors.
- Checks soap and chemical equipment par stock and communicates with supervisor/manager on ordering items as needed.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Polishes silver, copper and brass items using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and/or hand cloth.
- Delimes dish machine.
- Cleans walls, fans and air duct covers.
- Checks and fills soap and paper towels in hand sinks.
- Cleans kitchen stoves and ovens.
- Deep cleans behind equipment and floor drains.
- Works in other BROADMOOR outlets with same essential functions as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Less than high school education or up to three months related experience or training.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|