|Back to listing||Apply|
220010-Housekeeping Building Manager (March 31 Start)
Supervises Hotel housekeeping program to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of establishment to a 5 star/5 diamond standard by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Daily operations: prioritized for productivity, quality, VIP prep, smooth flow, communication with Front Office rooms control, timely preparation of rooms and regular inspection of assigned area
- Scheduling for assigned area: daily, weekly, projects
- Supplies: maintenance of storage areas and daily inventory
- Record keeping: projects
- Interviews, hires, trains, disciplines, terminates, housekeeping employees.
- Oversees up to 27 employees per day.
- Quality control: OSHA compliance: all aspects-chemicals, procedures, equipment, machines, work habits, documentation
- Training, coaching, evaluating, counseling; including initiation of competition to enhance quality, productivity and service levels in assigned area
- Tracking of progress of assigned team members
- Keeps Director informed daily
- Maintains professional and congenial relations with interfacing departments
- Coordinates training of assigned team members and the process leading to certification and 90 day evaluation
- Initiates projects to maintain and enhance quality service and productivity
- Maintains regular communication with other management team members
- Represents the department when directed to so
- Participates in the budgeting process as assigned.
- Participates in assigned projects and /tasks to degree indicated by Director.
- Responsible for key control, hotel security, guest safety and security.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; one to two years related experience and/or training, with one year in a supervisory role or combination of education and training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Word processing, Spreadsheets, Payroll, E-mail, Order processing, Inventory
Directly supervises employees in the Housekeeping Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the environment is quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Back to listing||Apply|