|Back to listing||Apply|
Supervises Stewarding staff and maintains kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises and trains stewarding crew.
- Arranges shift work assignments and conducts daily “line up”.
- Assists with preparing and writing schedules.
- Monitors and supervises start, break and close times.
- Ensures work place safety and enforces safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensures proper maintenance of Food and Beverage equipment.
- Assists with developing training programs.
- Supervises sanitation activities in all kitchens.
- Ensures service ware levels are maintained, available and in place for functions.
- Assists with development of job standards.
- Provides feedback on performance to Stewards and assists with preparation of performance appraisals.
- Prepares supply orders and monitors usage.
- Supervises the organization and maintenance of storage areas.
- Monitors equipment and food distribution procedures.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of service ware par levels.
- Assists chefs with supervision of dish-up functions.
- Maintains cleanliness and appearance of all service ware.
- Assists with and supervises inventories.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following.
- Performs tasks as assigned to Stewards.
- Performs tasks as assigned to Drivers.
- Supervises more than one Stewarding outlet at a time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must possess valid Colorado Drivers license and ability to drive a van/truck to deliver equipment and supplies.
Directly supervises employees in the Stewarding Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|