|Back to listing||Apply|
220041-Senior Network Administrator
The Senior Network Administrator role is to manage company private and public data networks across the organization. Responsibilities include the installation, monitoring, maintenance and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. The ability to work with meeting planners and conference managers to plan and deliver wired and wireless convention network and Internet services is a primary requirement of the position. The position requires a person that has strong interpersonal communication skills. The individual is also responsible for user training, network security, documentation, network diagrams, meeting industry and PCI standards and regulations. This position will also oversee the duties and responsibilities of the Network Analyst who will also be a direct report.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides 3rd level support of network hardware, applications and systems.
- Manage gateway devices that control and deliver network and Internet connectivity to our property.
- Work with meeting planners and conference managers to design, plan and schedule convention network and Internet solutions.
- Use wireless, Ethernet and fiber optic technical tools to diagnose and correct network problems.
- Manage IPDS and firewall configuration, updates and maintenance.
- Configure wired and wireless networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work schedule is determined by the needs of the business and project requirements. The position requires that individual be able to work any time of the day or night and will be on-call 7-24 for technical support.
- Responsible for network documentation. Maintains network diagrams and coordinates information with our help desk.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry. Selection and install hardware and software for the organization.
- Understands the company’s general business functions and has a conceptual understanding of each business unit’s activities.
- Perform all other job-related tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- CCNP Certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring Cisco routing and switching equipment in LAN, WAN and MAN environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing, configuring, and implementing enterprise-class VoIP and TDM-based voice networks.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager / Call Manager, Cisco Voice Gateways, Cisco Unified Border Elements (CUBEs), and Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing and/or administering firewalls, Palo Alto or Cisco Firewalls preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing hands on firewall and network services infrastructure engineering, diagnosing and correcting network problems, and network equipment installation and configuration.
- Experience supporting TCP/IP based networks and applications in a corporate environment are required.
- Understanding of all common TCP/IP protocols, packet capture and decoding and TCP/IP routing are basis skills that are required in this position.
- Experience installing and supporting Cisco IOS based products is required.
- The ability to read and understand IETF RFCs and IEEE standards is expected.
- Experience installing and supporting Microsoft Windows server and workstation operating systems in a corporate environment is expected.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical training and experience is expected.
- Previous experience working in the hospitality industry would be helpful.
- Cisco IOS
- Cisco / Meraki Wireless
- Cisco VoIP
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Solarwinds Orion
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to prioritize tasks and projects based on business needs
- Strong customer service skill set
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Four year college or university degree. A minimum of five years’ experience working in information systems administering a Cisco based network, and at least 2 years’ experience in a senior administrator or management of information systems role.
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must be able to write and delivery business correspondence. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics. The ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates and Licenses:
CCNA (CCNP preferred), MCSE, Networking+ and Security+ certifications a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds; up to 25 pounds; up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|