|Back to listing||Apply|
220019-Senior Systems Administrator
The Senior Network Administrator role is to manage company private and public data networks across the organization. Responsibilities include the installation, monitoring, maintenance and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. The ability to work with meeting planners and conference managers to plan and deliver wired and wireless convention network and Internet services is a primary requirement of the position. The position requires a person that has strong interpersonal communication skills. The individual is also responsible for user training, network security, documentation, network diagrams, meeting industry and PCI standards and regulations. This position will also oversee the duties and responsibilities of the Network Analyst who will also be a direct report.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates, installs, tests, monitors and maintains system software. Analyzes system and application software malfunctions and corrects or assists in problem solution.
- Understands hotel general business functions and has an in depth understanding of each unit’s activities.
- Provide third level support for hotel systems on both the operating system and the applications levels.
- Organizes and performs system analysis, design and programming. This includes gathering data for analysis of problem areas, analyzing documents, files, reports and other applications related workflow and documenting present procedures and operating techniques.
- Gathers and evaluates functional requirements, review technology/application alternatives, develop architectural strategies to meet functional requirements.
- Provides ongoing research and development activities to investigate new technologies and tools which might be used by Company personnel to more effectively and efficiently perform their jobs. Performs functional evaluations of candidate products.
- Possesses a strong understanding of current and emerging technologies.
- Provides recommendations for replacement of existing computing equipment with new or upgraded equipment.
- Maintains the backup and recovery of all corporate data.
- Maintains current knowledge of system design methodology and techniques, standard languages, coding methods and operations requirements.
- Provides user support for all computer systems used throughout the Hotel.
- Performs all other job-related tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Microsoft Certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering Microsoft Active Directory.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering Microsoft SQL Server.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering enterprise backup technologies including VTL, B2D, Deduplication, etc..
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering VMware / vSphere.
- Minimum 5 years of experience configuring / administering Citrix.
- Previous Experience with the following hospitality applications preferred:
- Attendance Enterprise Time and Attendance Software
- C-Cure Access Control
- Cyfin Internet content filtering and reporting
- New Market Delphi CRM
- Infinium Financial, HR and Payroll Suite
- Infogenesis Point of Sale
- LMS Suite ERP
- Microsoft Exchnage 2010
- SpaSoft Scheduling and Point of Sale
- Stratten Warren Purchasing
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to prioritize tasks and projects based on business needs
- Strong customer service skill set
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Four year college or university degree. A minimum of five years’ experience working in information systems administering a Windows environment, and at least 2 years’ experience in a senior administrator or management of information systems role.
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must be able to write and delivery business correspondence. Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics. The ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
The ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. The ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates and Licenses:
CCNA (CCNP preferred), MCSE, Networking+ and Security+ certifications a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds; up to 25 pounds; up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|