|Back to listing||Apply|
Unpaid Marketing and Public Relations Intern-Summer 2014 start date
Train and gain knowledge of the PR and Marketing field through the communication and promotion of The Broadmoor brand and contributing to the overall communication and marketing goals. NOTE: This is an unpaid internship and must be recognized by intern’s collegiate institution as academic credit towards his/her chosen degree. This is a full-time internship which entails 32-40 hours per week for 3 months.
Training willinclude the following and are as directed by the Director of Communications and/or Marketing Manager. Other training may be assigned.
- Intern learns to create written, video and photo content for The Broadmoor website and social media outlets, including Facebook, Wordpress and Twitter .
- Intern assists in monitoring social media outlets and respond as appropriate
- Intern updates online calendars of events and listing, both on The Broadmoor website, as well as other approved media information sources.
- Intern acquires information to write and/or send out press releases to local, regional and national press, as appropriate.
- Intern will learn to assist with email database management, including updating lists, segmenting contacts, etc.
- Intern will assist with press trips and tours
- Intern will train on how to design and implement press trip itineraries on property and host press on site.
- Intern will contribute to direct mail programs and other promotional programs as needed.
- Intern will acquire information and stories from around the resort for use in print and online mediums.
- Intern will provide required Broadmoor information to interested/contracted media parties
- Intern will distribute promotional materials throughout the resort.
- Intern will assist with marketing research and provide administrative support to the Marketing Manager, Food and Beverage PR and Director of Communications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working toward a Bachelor's Degree from a college or university in the area of Marketing , Communications, Public Relations or Hospitality Management.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from local, regional or national press member as well as advertising inquiries. Ability to write press releases and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to write social media posts, blogs and web updates. Ability to effectively present information to top management, and public groups.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Internet software, Database software. Familiarity with social media platforms a must.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds, 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|