|Back to listing||Apply|
580103-Penrose Room Host/Hostess
Greet and seat guests, make reservation and provide hospitality to guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners
- Communicates and updates reservation details, special notes VIP’s to Chef and service team daily
- Greets guests, escorts them to tables, and provides menus
- Offers amenities to guests (i.e. pillows, purse butlers, flashlights, reading glasses, pashminas, etc)
- Identifies and assists in problem solving
- Sets up work stations and control of food and beverage checks
- Demonstrates proper dress code and appearance standards along with correct work habits and attitude including smiling, proper English and posture
- Maintain knowledge of, abide by, and enforce Colorado liquor laws.
- Provides assistance to the dining room, lounge, and the Restaurant Manager as needed
- Coordinates lounge guests with dining guest, communicates between bartender and server concerning guest checks
- Assists in transporting guest and cocktails from lounge to dining room
- Utilize the computer to block and place detailed guest restaurant reservations in the reservation computer system
- Utilize the computer to place reservations in the “Guest Itinerary”
- Follow BROADMOOR safety and hygiene standards
- Has knowledge of hotel history and grounds
- Proper phone etiquette
- Has general knowledge of all restaurant menus to assist guests with dining choices
- Ability to explain common or special dishes of the dining room
Marginal Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following.
- Guide and train new staff in training
- Order and stock supplies as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Intermediate to advanced computer skills are required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat and/or weather related conditions for outdoor receptions. The noise level in the environment is moderate to loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|