|Back to listing||Apply|
700101-Starter/Marshall (April Start)
Oversees golf starting activities and ensures that course policies are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure all supplies, documents, and equipment are ready prior to the first tee time
- Greet golfers in a friendly manner
- Organize play
- Ensure appropriate fees have been paid or charged
- Ensure golfers are in appropriate attire and have required equipment
- Maintain tee sheets
- Record numbers of golf cars used
- Inform golfers of expected pace of play, local rules, conditions, and procedures
- Inform golf central of all changes and additions to tee sheets
- Return forms and tee sheets to designated office at the end of the day (when acting as course marshall)
- Check with starters for details of play in progress
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed
- Maintain radio/telephone communication with starter
- Be alert for any injuries or health problems among golfers and provide assistance as necessary
- Ensure golf car and radios are turned in at the end of the day
- Observe course for litter, debris, or obstructions and correct or notify the responsible department
- Escort golfers to proper starting holes for shotgun tournaments
- Maintain cleanliness of starter building and surrounding area
- Assist Golf Operation by shuttle driving, signage output and other tournament needs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|