|Back to listing||Apply|
630102-Central Plant Operator
Operates and maintains power plant equipment such as high pressure steam boilers, domestic hot water heaters, emergency generators, fans, pumps, hydronic fire system components, fireplaces and fire pits, air compressors and other related components to the preceding equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
- Records data such as temperature of equipment, hours of operation, fuel consumed, temperature or pressure, water levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load and generator balance.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance and repair on all boilers, heat exchangers, emergency generators, air compressors, fans, pumps and related heating equipment.
- Perform and record water analysis/treatment for all hydronic heating systems.
- Utilize trade tools, instruments, detection and diagnostic equipment.
- Read and comprehend blue prints and technical manuals.
- Document all work performed and parts used.
- Work safely and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Comply with all hotel policies including safety and environmental.
- Cross train for Plumber and Night Technician position.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following.
- Maintain cleanliness of all equipment and spaces.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Mechanic 4 HVAC Service Technician License preferred. Valid Colorado Drivers License required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and vibration. The noise level in the environment is loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|