|Back to listing||Apply|
510104-Pastry Cook II (May Start)
Prepare desserts and specialty items according to the menu and Pastry Chef in large and small quantities. Assist the Pastry Chef as necessary. Follow direction of the Executive Pastry Chef and Pastry Sous Chefs in maintaining the highest standards of food quality, taste and production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain quality products
- Clean and maintain station
- Operate all kitchen equipment
- Prepare requisitions slips
- Closing kitchen at the end of shift
- Assist chef with inventory and ordering
- Maintain a clean, organized and sanitary work area following safety guidelines
- Follow all hotel and kitchen policies and procedures
- Must be able to maintain Servsafe and health department standards
- Maintain comprehensive preparation and knife skills
- Must be able to understand and adjust recipes according to business levels
- Ensure production of pastries in a timely manner
- Prepare food so that quality, taste and appearance of food is in accordance with Broadmoor standards
- Control proper usage and rotation of food
- Alert Pastry Chef or direct supervisor to any food quality issues that could have an adverse effect on Broadmoor Resort culinary operations
- Maintain walk-in coolers and food storage areas on a daily basis
- Make sound judgment calls and decisions based upon principles set forth by The Broadmoor culinary management team
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Takes required breaks, notifying supervisor prior to leaving station
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACF apprenticeship or culinary school graduate; at least one year experience in a full service pastry shop.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Occasionally push and/or pull 100+ lbs and lift up to 100 lbs with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
|Back to listing||Apply|