|Back to listing||Apply|
530120-Convention Services Equipment Maintenance Technician
Repairs, maintains, tests, installs, cleans, and troubleshoots areas that involve minor carpentry, electrical, electronics, refinishing, carpet, and painting. Distributes and retrieves Convention Services equipment throughout the property and off-site venues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Performs a wide variety of general equipment maintenance repairs and services to maintain a clean, safe work area for employees/guests using appropriate tools and materials
- Schedules and performs preventative maintenance
- Alerts the Convention Services Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur
- Performs weekly meeting room inspections and makes/tracks work orders for repair.
- Assures safety standards, including use of PPE, are used which comply with all company, local, city, state and federal guidelines
- Order parts and repair services through approved vendors/outside contractors
- Assists in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors
- Tracks invoices on repairs and reconciliation of invoices
- Works within expense limits established
- Maintains inventory controls for cost effective operations
- Distributes and retrieves Convention Services equipment throughout the property and off-site venues
- Performs minor electrical repairs on vacuums and podiums, including replacement of plugs/cords
- Paints Convention Services equipment using brush and aerosol paints
- Provides wood putty/sanding/varnish and other repairs on banquet tables, podiums and dance floor
- Supplies hardware replacement on moveable partitions
- Coordinates preventative maintenance of department vehicles through approved service providers
- Special projects, other responsibilities and duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience:
One year certification from college or technical school; or a minimum of two years related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Applicant should have understanding of, and ability to use, various hand and power tools.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurements, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certifications and Licenses:
-Valid Colorado Driver’s License required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with both automatic and manual transmissions
- Forklift Certified or ability to be trained (mandatory)
Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential factions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and / or humid conditions; high, precarious places. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly requited to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds; up to 25 pounds regularly; up to 50 pounds on occasion; up to 100 pounds with assistance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and to distinguish colors.
|Back to listing||Apply|