|Back to listing||Apply|
Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor regarding painting.
- Smooth’s surfaces and removes old paint from surfaces to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler.
- Removes fixtures such as pictures and electric switch covers from walls prior to painting.
- Spreads drop cloths over floors and room furnishings, and covers surfaces such as baseboards, door frames, and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Paints surfaces with brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers.
- Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
- Comply with established safety rules and health regulations of The BROADMOOR Hotel and Engineering department.
- Attend and pass hotel respiratory program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year of recent experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Colorado Driver's License required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|