|Back to listing||Apply|
Serve food and beverages to guests by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet guests in a friendly, timely manner with a smile, proper English, and correct posture
- Answer menu questions and make suggestions regarding food and service
- Be knowledgeable in food product, food trends and food preparations.Understand what the kitchen is serving both in philosophy and content and ensure all food is properly served at the tables
- Be knowledgeable about wines and wine program. Have an intimate knowledge of wines offered by the glass and with what dishes they pair well
- Write orders on checks or memorize them
- Relay orders to kitchen via computer and serve courses from kitchen and service bars
- Observe guests, respond to any additional requests and determine when meal has been completed
- Clear tables quickly and professionally. (Servers will be responsible for bussing their own tables.) Reset as necessary for next seating
- Assist other servers when needed and when time allows, generally contributing to the team effort of the restaurant
- Maintain courteous, professional and polite attitude with all other service and kitchen staff
- Handle opening and closing procedures as directed by side work manual
- Total bills and accept payments
- Complete daily and weekly side work
- Follow BROADMOORsafety and hygiene standards
- Report tips as required by the IRS
- Participate in the tip pooling system completely, declaring all nightly tips to the floor manager
- Follow all directions received from Supervisors and Executive Chef
- Maintain knowledge of, abide by, and enforce Colorado liquor laws
- Oversee ongoing required and necessary maintenance, sanitation, and upkeep to maintain the restaurant’s original quality
- Establish and maintain the atmosphere of the restaurant, keeping customer comfort and satisfaction in mind at all times. Providing an exceptional experience without pretension is a major goal of Summit. This includes (but is not limited to) maintaining an exceptionally positive and friendly attitude in the dining room, and providing for the customer at every opportunity
- Uphold and abide by all BROADMOORpolicies, procedures, and safety guidelines
- Maintain a working knowledge of BROADMOORhistory and grounds
- Maintain familiarization with BROADMOORrestaurants and retail outlets
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1 year of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather); and extreme heat (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|