|Back to listing||Apply|
Assist and take charge of all salaried culinary positions in the main kitchen to include sauce & roast, garde manger, entrementiere, high volume and gourmet restaurants, and banquet service/special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Directly supervise 15-20 employees in the kitchen.
- Conduct interviews and select kitchen staff and ensure staffing levels are maintained according to guideline.
- Responsible for all disciplinary action using the Human Resources Department as a resource in establishing the appropriate course of action to make each employee successful through coaching and teaching.
- Prepare and conduct staff reviews and appraisals in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance of assigned staff and ensure that all procedures are completed to department standards.
- Source, order and requisition product for kitchen production in accordance with property procedures, business volume and food cost guidelines.
- Develop quantity checklists to assure exact cost margin and to avoid over-or under-ordering.
- Keep an update on actual versus budgeted labor count.
- Responsible for daily line-ups, weekly management meetings, and monthly staff meetings.
- Execute service duties and develop and execute training initiatives and procedures for all banquets culinary positions in accordance with The Broadmoor Standards of Excellence and Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond standards.
- Work closely with the Executive Sous Chef of Banquets on menu development for all outlets.
- Maintain a strong emphasis on food quality and presentation throughout banquets food production.
- Requisition supplies and ensure timely and accurate ordering.
- Submit maintenance work order and follow-up as necessary.
- Implement daily and weekly cleaning checklists for stewards and cooks.
- Direct and establish daily operational procedures for employees in their daily responsibilities.
- Ensure that all employee assignments are completed.
- Assign and coordinate daily production and prep work for culinary staff to complete.
- Delegate to each area an opening and closing procedures and duties.
- Set strict guidelines for dry and perishable food storage within Colorado State Health regulations.
- Oversee required and necessary maintenance of equipment and work environment in order to ensure safety
- Inspect the cleanliness, sanitation, organization, and working condition of the service areas and work stations including all tools, equipment and supplies. Rectify deficiencies as needed.
- Ensure that all closing duties are completed according to department standards.
- Maintain high levels of quality and consistency in all aspects of food production.
- Conduct safety training classes in conjunction with the safety team on lifting, emergency procedures, proper knife handling, and so on.
- Any and all duties assigned by management.
- Train staff on consistent products, new recipes, specials, taste, presentation and hotel policies
- Ensure fair and consistent departmental rules and practice
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude at all times and maintain composure under pressure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACF Apprenticeship or culinary school graduate; at least six years of experience with a minimum of one year in culinary management. Experience in a full service, fast paced restaurant required. 5-Star/5-Diamond experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Directly supervise 15-20 employees in the Banquets Culinary Department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Occasionally push and/or pull 100+ lbs and lift up to 100 lbs with assistance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
|Back to listing||Apply|