|Back to listing||Apply|
Preparation and presentation of all breads, rolls, breakfast bakeries as served in restaurants and banquets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Daily production items, including: French bread, Marble Rye bread, Raisin bread, 7-grain rolls, Kaisers, Sourdough, Onion, Pumpernickel, along with special items such as Foccacio, Lavosh, Bread Sticks, Cornbread, Tomato Pistollettes, Assorted Danish, Fruits and Cheese, Assorted Muffins, Bear Claws, Cinnamon Rolls, Donuts, Biscuits, Carrot and Zucchini and Banana Breads, and Croissants
- Portion control presentation and consistency of products, flavor, and doneness
- Check coolers and freezers for proper rotation of food items, sends leftovers to proper areas, and checks on items to avoid spoilage
- Full knowledge of bakery machinery, their cleaning procedures, safety standards and rules
- Assure that adequate amounts of food products are on are on hand and lets his/her supervisor know what to order
- Oversee daily operation
- Assure that proper sanitation procedures are followed
- Follow up with drivers for timely pick-up of products and delivery
- Assist with opening/closing duties procedures
- Help on keeping the bakery in operational order
- Check in orders received and look at quality of products and the amounts ordered is received
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma and ACF Apprenticeship or culinary school graduate; five years experience in a full service bakery focusing on breads, breakfast and bakery items.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather);extreme heat (non-weather) and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Occasionally push and/or pull 100+ lbs and lift up to 100 lbs with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
|Back to listing||Apply|