|Back to listing||Apply|
Provide quality pressing to meet all laundry and valet needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Retrieve work from wash area and dryers. Stage in press area
- Press all pants as required on the invoice
- Track items to invoice and bag as instructed
- Maintain supplies as needed (hangers, bags, tape, etc.)
- Help match items to invoices in the event tags are not on items
- Press uniforms and other items as directed by the supervisor
- Keep work area neat and clean and work staged properly
- Understand "racking" procedures for the spot system
- Obtain work from seamstress & dry cleaner
- Press all itmes utilizing presses and iron all necessary touch ups with hand iron
- Inspect all items for repairs, missing buttons or stains
- Fold or hangs articles as needed
- Maintain all quality and production standards
- Hang or places articles on racks or check out area
- Take care of all special instructions
- Know and practices safety regulations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather);work near moving mechanical parts; extreme heat (non-weather) and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|