|Back to listing||Apply|
615111-3rd Shift Floor Technician
Maintains overall floor maintenance of hard surfaces and carpet in all areas of the hotel by stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction, and bonneting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Floor care to include routine mopping, buffing and burnishing on hard surfaces and stairwells
- Stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extraction, and bonneting
- Wall cleaning and dusting
- Removing splash marks from baseboards, wall, and doors, refinish floor to glossy-depth shine
- Remove spots from and shampoo carpeted floor areas and upholstery
- Assist in cleaning of emergency spills observed or upon request
- Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and report the need for repairs to equipment, furniture, and fixtures
- Safely operate specialized power equipment (extractors, buffers, auto-scrubbers and burnishers) and perform preventative maintenance checks on all equipment
- Assist in maintaining storage areas
- Move furniture in a non-routine basis as assigned
- Utilize appropriate chemicals and supplies according to manufacture direction, police and procedure
- Report safety hazards as appropriate
- Attend line-up meetings, staff meetings and training classes as scheduled
- Assist guests with directions and other requests
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Less than high school education; or up to one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience and knowledge of the practices and procedure of floor refinishing,, shampooing, extractors buffers, and auto-scrubbers is preferred.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee with frequently be exposed to slippery and wet floors. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds; up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|