|Back to listing||Apply|
580107-Lake Terrace Dining Room Host/Hostess
Greet and seat guests, make reservations and provide hospitality to guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets guests, escorts them to tables, and provides menus
- Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners
· Utilize the computer to block and place detailed guest restaurant reservations in the GuestBridge/Open Table computer system
· Utilize the computer to place reservations in the “Guest Itinerary”
- Sets up work stations and control of food and beverage checks
- Identifies and assists in problem solving
- Follows all directions received from Supervisor and Manager
- Demonstrates proper dress code and appearance standards along with correct work habits and positive attitude including smiling, proper English and posture
- Follow the Broadmoor Safety and Hygiene Standards
- Assists in the dining room as needed
Marginal Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following:
- Knowledge of Hotel restaurants, retail outlets, and activities (spa, golf, etc.)
- Knowledge of Hotel history and grounds
- Knowledge of area attractions
- Guide and train new staff members
- Order and stock supplies as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Two years of High School or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Moderate to advanced computer skills are required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate, occasionally loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, climb stairs and/or stepladders, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds and to push 100+ pounds with assistance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|