Please read the following to learn more about our data collection policies and practices:
• Types of information that may be collected.
• How information is collected.
• How we use the information we collect.
• With whom the information may be shared.
• The choices you have about the collection and use of your information.
• The security precautions in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information.
• Links to other Websites.
• International Users.
• US-EU/US-Swiss Safe Harbor.
• Limitation of Liability.
• Correcting and updating personal information.
• A special note for parents concerning privacy.
Types of information that may be collected.
We may collect personally-identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information when you use our Digital Services. Personally-identifiable information is information that can be used to identify you personally (either alone or in combination with other information), and non-personally identifiable information cannot be used to identify a specific individual. The personally-identifiable information we collect is used to facilitate the purchase and delivery of information, products or services to our customers and visitors. Specific personally-identifiable information collected may include, but is not limited to the following and may be subject to change:
- In the case of a purchase which is completed on one of our Sites, an online credit card transaction is required in order to complete the purchase. During this process we generate and collect certain personally-identifiable information, such as name, name of the credit card holder, credit card billing address, credit card number, credit card security code, credit card expiration date, customer’s shipping address, phone number, and email address. For certain Services in which the transaction processing is managed by a third party service provider, your credit card and related information may be collected by a third party, and may or may not be shared with Broadmoor, depending on the arrangement with that provider.
- If you wish to receive any of our newsletters or special offers, view or use certain features of our Digital Services, receive text message updates, or participate in any of our contests, drawings, sweepstakes, or promotions, we may require you to complete a form which will require the submission of certain personally-identifiable information, such as name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and potentially other information.
- We may provide you with the option of registering with us or with a third-party provider to purchase products, make reservations, to comment on our blogs, or to request or reserve services while a guest at our properties. When you register with us or our third-party providers, you or the third party may provide us your name, email address, information regarding your interests in hospitality, travel and leisure as well as certain other information about you and your lifestyle, or a profile may automatically be created in our database if you provide certain information to us. Providing such information is optional. However, if a profile is created, we may combine information we receive from you or about you from various sources (including your bookings at our properties, your transactions on our Digital Services, information you provide our other affiliates, or information you provide offline) in your profile.
- When you use our App, the App may collect your location via GPS if you request directions to/from our properties or nearby attractions, or in order for us to provide other services to you. Further, if you complete a reservation or request for services using the App, we may collect your name, address, credit card information, and if you are staying at one of our properties, your room number, telephone number, and name.
- If you apply for a job with Broadmoor, you may provide us personal information such as your tax ID number, name, address, background, criminal record, or other sensitive information (including sensitive personal information as defined by EU Directive 95/46/EC). Any information provided in a job application will be managed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
How is information collected?
We may collect information from you in several different ways through our Digital Services, including but not limited to those described below:
If you register using one of our Digital Services (whether powered by us or a third-party provider), you will be asked to complete a registration form and provide personally-identifiable information. You may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features, including, but not limited to, newsletters, contests or other services. Similarly, if you agree to provide us with optional profile information, this information will be collected through a registration form. You may complete this registration form when you submit a request for proposal for a wedding, meeting, or group event; register with our online stores; or opt-in to receive communications from us.
Newsletters, Site Emails and Mobile Offers.
We may offer newsletters and/or other communications to share information with you about specials or other promotional materials, regarding the Digital Services, about us and our affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners, or about third party offers or information we think would be of interest to you. You may receive a these communications either by registering for a particular type of communication, or in conjunction with a special feature or service for which you have registered on the Digital Service. You may cancel your email subscription by following the instructions provided on the Site, in the designated area of the newsletters or emails, or as specified in a communication. Remember, if you consent to receive texts from us, your wireless carrier may impose a charge on incoming texts. Please check with your wireless carrier for details.
Certain transactions you may complete using our Digital Services, such as booking a reservation or purchasing items in one of our online stores, may require that you enter your name, email, address, payment information, and other details. We will use this information to complete the transaction that you have requested, e.g. to process your reservation and to invoice you. Although some of these services are handled directly by us, others are managed on our behalf by third party service providers, and the information you provide during these paid transactions may be submitted directly to the applicable provider, which in turn may share limited information (such as your name and email address, but not payment account details) with us or our subsidiaries and affiliates.
Contests or Sweepstakes.
Surveys or Voting.
From time-to-time we may request personally-identifiable information from you via surveys or voting polls. Participation is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information. At times, you may have to register to vote or to take part in a survey.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
IP Addresses and Click-stream Data.
We may identify IP addresses and may track click-stream data for purposes of system administration, to improve the Digital Services, to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors, or for other internal uses related to the Digital Services. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. Our computers identify your computer by its IP address. When you request Web pages from the Sites, our computers log your IP address.
Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request pages from the Digital Services. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. This data helps us analyze how visitors arrive at the Digital Services, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
How do we use the information we collect?
We internally use personally-identifiable information about our visitors and customers to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze Digital Service usage, to improve our content and product offerings, to improve the Digital Services and provide better service, and for our other business purposes. We may use your email address and mailing address or phone number in accordance with appliable laws, to contact you regarding administrative matters or notices, issues with a transaction, satisfaction with the Digital Services and/or our products and services, and to provide information regarding offers, events, products or services we believe would interest you.
To whom may the information be disclosed?
If you register with us or our third-party partners, your information (including information related to purchases you make on any of our Digital Services) will be sent to Broadmoor, and aggregated and maintained as part of your profile. We may access or use such information, and we may share such information with our current or future affiliated and related companies, or carefully selected third parties, to provide you with information or marketing communications in which we think you may be interested (except where prohibited by the privacy laws and opt-in requirements of various countries or the US-EU/US-EU Safe Harbor Framework, when and to the extent such restrictions are applicable to your information). You may opt-out of having your information shared with any third parties or used for marketing communications by following the instructions below under “What choices do I have about collecting, using, and disclosing my information?”
In order to process your requests, we may provide your personally-identifiable information to service providers or other companies who work on our behalf in order, for example, to process the transaction and deliver the goods or services you have ordered. If you have been booked on a reservation through a third party travel agent or as part of a group, the reservation may be facilitated through a third party service provider, and in some cases we may not receive any personal information until you arrive on our property. When we receive your information, we may provide your information as needed to the party who made the reservation.
In addition, in the event that we go through an existing or potential business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of our assets, customer information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
What choices do I have about collecting, using, and disclosing my information?
At any time, you may opt-out of having your information provided to third parties for marketing or other commercial purposes, and you may opt-out of other promotional communications from us. You can unsubscribe from email newsletters or similar communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in every email (in some cases you may be able to unsubscribe from certain categories and retain other categories of emails, if you wish to do so). You may opt-out of all information sharing with third parties for marketing purposes, or from receiving communications from us or our affiliated companies, by emailing us at [email protected] or by sending a letter with your name, mailing address, phone number and email address to the address below.
To obtain a list of the personal information that we hold about you, or for residents of California (as required by California law) to receive a list of the names and addresses of all third parties that received your personal information from us for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, please send a signed letter with your name, mailing address, phone number and email address to the address below.
What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
We have implemented reasonable security measures to safeguard the personally-identifiable information you provide us. However, please keep in mind that “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet, and accordingly we cannot provide any guarantee that your information will remain secure.
Links to other Websites.
US-EU/US Swiss Safe Harbor.
We comply with the US-EU and US Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks, which relate to the collection, use and retention of personal information collected from users in the European Union and Switzerland, respectively. We adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor
Limitation of Liability.
By providing us with any personally-identifiable information you expressly and unconditionally release and hold harmless Broadmoor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and their respective shareholders, owners, members, directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected personally-identifiable information. In addition, while we take reasonable steps to prevent third party companies from making unauthorized use of your personal information, we cannot be held be held liable for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your collected personally-identifiable information by those third parties.
Correcting and updating personal information.
If your personally-identifiable information changes, you may correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to us by sending an email to [email protected] or if you have created an online profile on our Digital Services (typically only applicable in our online stores), by logging in and making changes to your profile online, or by contacting us by mail at the address below.
A special note for parents concerning privacy.
Our Digital Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that a child has provided us with personal information, we will delete the child’s personal information (except as may be necessary for legal compliance) and remove the child from any mailing lists.
1 Lake Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80906