Sign up here to receive the Recipe of the Month via email.
Roasted Tomato Soup
- 12 Roma tomatoes, Cut in ½
- 2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion, Sliced
- 3 Celery Stalk, Sliced
- 2 Carrot, Peeled, Sliced
- 5 Garlic Clove, Peeled, Sliced
- To taste Sherry Vinegar TT
- To taste Agave Nectar
- 1 C. Olive Oil
- To Taste Salt
- Toss the Roma tomatoes in the EVOO, and season with salt and pepper. Place the tomatoes on a wire rack, cut side up, and roast in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pot, sauté the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic until tender and translucent in color.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Using a blender and working in batches, puree the soup, carefully seasoning to taste each batch with the sherry vinegar, agave nectar, and salt. As each batch is seasoned, use the olive oil to emulsify the soup by drizzling it in slowly as it blends.
Grilled Corn Relish
- 2 C. Grilled Corn Kernals
- ½ C . Red Onion
- ½ C. Poblano Pepper
- 1 C Cilantro
- ½ C Lime Juice
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Brush ears of corn with oil and place on grill until all sides have nice even coloring
- Cut corn off the ear and mix in a bowl with all other ingredients
- Season to taste with salt and pepper