Sign up here to receive the Recipe of the Month via email.
July 2014 - Torta Limone di Caprino
Adam Thomas - Executive Pastry Chef
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 ¾ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 ½ cups Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- ½ cup Pine Nuts (chopped)
- Mix powdered sugar and flour together in a table top mixer.
- Add room temperature butter and pine nuts until a smooth dough forms.
- Roll dough out to ¼” thickness and place in a 1/2 sheet baking pan.
- Bake the crust at 350 degrees until deep golden brown for approximately 20 to 25 minutes and set aside to rest.
- 4 cups Sugar
- 2/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Lemons Zested
- 12 large Eggs
- 2 large Egg Yolks
- pinch of salt
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Mix sugar and flour together.
- Add lemon juice and zest.
- In standing mixer, combine: eggs, egg yolks and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
- Place lemon filling directly onto pre baked shortbread, it is best when warm.
- Bake the bars at 300 degrees for 30 to35 minutes, or until just set.
- 1 cup of your favorite whipped cream
- Once bars have cooled pipe your favorite whipped cream or leave the bars just as they are!