Sign up here to receive the Recipe of the Month via email.
November 2014 - Roasted Baby Pumpkin
Justin Miller - Chef de Cuisine, Ristorante del Lago
The recipe is designed to serve 4 guests
Preheat the oven to 375˚ degrees
- 5 lbs Baby Pumpkin
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Local Honey
- ½ cup Water
- TT Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup Soaked Golden Raisins
- ½ cup Chopped black Olives (Cerignole if you can get them)
- Split the Pumpkin in half and scrape out the seeds with a large spoon.
- Leaving the rind on cut the pumpkin into slices about 1 inch thick.
- In a large mixing bowl toss the pumpkin with the olive oil, honey, salt, pepper and water.
- Place on to a roasting pan and cook uncovered for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the pumpkin in a serving vessel
- Mix the raisins, olives and cooking liquid together and pour over the pumpkin.