Sign up here to receive the Recipe of the Month via email.
1 cup + 6 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
1 ½ cup + 2 Tbsp. Soft butter
3 Tbsp. Cinnamon spice
1/4cup + 1Tbsp. Egg whites
- In a Kitchen Aid /planetary mixer with a paddle attachment, blend the sugar butter and cinnamon together until well combined.
- Then add the egg whites and mix until light and fluffy.
- Remove from the mixer and place in a container to use later.
Cream Cheese Icing
- In a Kitchen Aid / planetary mixer with the paddle attachment mix cream cheese and soft butter until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add powder sugar until lump free, scrape the bowl and add vanilla extract.
- Mix again until well incorporated.
- Remove from the mixer and place in a container.
2 ¼ cups Bread flour
1 1/3 Whole milk
¼ cup Granulated sugar
1ea. Whole egg
1Tbsp. Dry yeast
6 Tbsp. Soft butter
1ea Lemon zest
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- In a kitchen bowl with a hook add milk, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, yeast, sugar and lemon zest, mix on 1st speed until well incorporated.
- Then turn up the mixer to 2nd speed adding butter gradually, when all butter is well incorporated and dough comes into a ball, put in a oiled bowl with a plastic cover, put it in a warm place and let it rise until double the size.
- "Punch down" the dough and let it rise one more time to almost double in size.
- Take the dough and roll it down into a rectangle of a ¼ in thick. Then spread Smear then roll into a log creating a swirl.
- Cut the log in slices about 1" thick depending on the size you want. Place them on and oiled with parchment paper sheet pan with space in between each cinnamon bun or into a baking dish next to one another, put it in a warm place and let proof until double the size.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- When dough has double in size put them in the preheated oven until golden brown. When you remove it from the oven brush heavily with the cream cheese icing gently (it's best if you warm up a little bit the icing to make it easier so brush on).
- Let them cool down a little enough so you don't get burn and "Buen Provecho!"