3,000 Feet Above The Broadmoor
“Wilderness is not a luxury, but a necessity of the human spirit.”
Sitting at 9,200 feet atop Cheyenne Mountain is The Broadmoor’s newest wilderness experience, Cloud Camp. With unobstructed 360 degree views, the incomparable splendor of Colorado resides here. On the historic site of Broadmoor founder Spencer Penrose’s Cheyenne Lodge, this escape is meant to inspire and amaze. Perfect for group retreats and leisure getaways alike, Cloud Camp combines a setting miles above the rest with the impeccable service you’ve come to expect from The Broadmoor.
Cloud Camp’s 8,000 square foot main lodge, with a design influenced by the historic timber and stone lodges of the American West, features hand-hewn beams and indigenous stone fireplaces. Its great room and bar area serve as the backdrop for inspired and relaxed gatherings, while an expansive wrap-around deck is an unparalleled location from which to absorb the magnificence of the Pikes Peak region.
Eleven one and two bedroom guest cabins, as well as six accommodations in the lodge and an adjacent “honeymoon cabin,” are all beautifully appointed with rich furnishings and modern amenities and include private porches. Each cabin is further enhanced by spectacular views of Pikes Peak, “America’s Mountain,” the surrounding forest, Colorado’s Front Range and the plains to the east.
While a guest at Cloud Camp, spend the day exploring the Pike National Forest on numerous hiking trails or with guided nature walks. Daytime and evening camp activities capture the spirit of all that this Colorado getaway has to offer.
Fresh, Colorado cuisine is presented by Broadmoor chefs in the lodge's great room with meals being inclusive as part of your stay.
Transportation to this Rocky Mountain retreat is an adventure in itself. Guests have the unique option of either a ride by 4-wheel drive vehicle, mule, or for the more adventurous, a rewarding three-hour guided hike to the camp’s location at the summit of Cheyenne Mountain.
Click here to view our Spa Menu.
Grilling at 9,200 ft.
Join us for the 2015 Cloud Camp season opening weekend May 1-3 event: “Grilling at 9,200 Feet”, a special presentation of Colorado wines, spirits, and Rocky Mountain High camaraderie. This unique event will sharpen your grilling skills and expand your knowledge as you enjoy The Broadmoor’s newest addition to the Wilderness Experience.
Here’s the lineup for this one-of-a-kind weekend:
• Kick it off with a Friday evening Welcome Reception featuring regional BBQ flavors, followed by dinner, in the Cloud Camp Lodge.
• Saturday morning after breakfast, the focus is “Hands on Cooking” with an emphasis on “Southern BBQ traditions” - Carolina Hill Country, Low Country Cooking, Memphis Style BBQ & the flavors of New Orleans. Work alongside our chef’s team learning a variety of rubs, spice blends, mop sauces, marinades and smoking methods. Then, prepare traditional side dishes, breads & desserts to accompany the variety of BBQ to be enjoyed for your lunch that day.
• Saturday afternoon is enhanced by a Colorado spirit class and tasting, with a focus on cocktails as a perfect accompaniment to the grill.
• Saturday evening dinner features a complete, classic “Texas Style BBQ Cookout” including brisket, ribs, pulled pork & smoked game birds.
• Sunday morning, enjoy breakfast immediately followed by a class focused on “Grilling at Home - Colorado Style,” with “How To’s” that include: preparing great steaks, Colorado lamb, and Colorado red trout. Learn how to prepare Buffalo chili and seasonal accompaniments such as Colorado corn and peaches. This demo will be focused on home cooking for friends and family.
Inquire by calling us at (888) 976-3090 or visiting our Contact Us page.