- April 1, 2016 through November 6, 2016
Fly Fish from timbered canyons with nymph fly-fishing to calm grassy meadows and winding bends where trout gracefully rise to dry flies.
Located in the mountains 75 minutes west of The Broadmoor, guests experience some of the best fishing in Colorado on more than five miles of private waters under the tutelage of Broadmoor professional guides. Fishing Camp is located on Colorado’s Tarryall River and bordering 120,000 acres of the Lost Creek Wilderness.
Activities at the camp will include fly-fishing, hiking, and the opportunity to see some of Colorado's most spectacular wildlife.
The picturesque camp is complete with a beautifully restored Main Lodge with a wraparound deck and seven rustic yet well-appointed guest cabins. During the evenings guests gather in the Main Lodge for authentic ranch prepared meals and relaxation.
The Broadmoor Fishing Camp is available for overnight stays, family reunions and meeting retreats, as well as for day use by Broadmoor guests by prior arrangement.
What to pack for your Wilderness Adventure:
Please remember that we are ay nearly 9000' elevation and can enjoy all 4 seasons in a single day! Packing correctly will enhance your enjoyment-
- Layers! (Please avoid cotton)
- Rain jacket, fully waterproof
- Polarized sunglasses are absolutely essential for eye protection as well as for spotting fish
- Long Johns for colder weather or shorts for warmer weather. Waders can be difficult to put on over jeans, and jeans can be uncomfortably clammy under waders.
- Heavy Socks to wear under waders in any conditions
- Bath Robe some accommodations utilize the communal bath house
- Shower Slippers some accommodations utilize the communal bath house
- Hat, wide-brimmed, for sun and eye protection.
- Personal care items such as insect repellent, sunscreen 20+, tissues, etc…
- Spare corrective eyewear, glasses, or contacts
- Books and other reading materials
- Compact binoculars or Starnoculars
NON-FISHING ATTIRE: The Broadmoor Fishing Camp lodge and cabin settings are very casual and no special attire is necessary. Blue jeans, khakis, shorts, casual shirts, fishing shirts are all common.
Also, we'll remind you to drink a lot of water…even before you get thirsty. Your guide will have plenty of water available. Staying hydrated will reduce headaches caused by our high elevation and dry climate.
“Wilderness is not a luxury, but a necessity of the human spirit.”
The Broadmoor Fishing Camp
20922 CR 77, Lake George