|Back to listing||Apply|
530101 Convention Services Set-Up Crew (April Start)
Support the banquet team, conference manager team and other hotel departments by completing the following: all set-up and breakdown and cleaning for meetings/events, maintaining our extensive inventory of banquet supplies, and maintaining a clean work area. These duties must be performed by following all safety procedures, and ensuring prompt and courteous service to both internal and external guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Correctly and efficiently set-up and break-down all functions which includes all types of meetings and events (ex. breakfasts, dinners, exhibits, tradeshows, auctions, etc.).
- Refresh function rooms during meals and breaks.
- Move carts of convention equipment to/from storage areas.
- Interaction and servicing of customer needs (both internal and external customers).
- Cleaning of function space, banquet space and storage areas and be sure to keep all storage areas clean and orderly at all times.
- Report major cleaning and repair needs daily.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles and operate all equipment only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct use of equipment.
- Anticipate internal and external guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, under all circumstances.
- Follow through on instructions from Supervisor & Manager as directed.
- Be familiar or quickly become familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Monitor and report condition of property.
- Assist other departments as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be extremely detail oriented and be able to work a flexible schedule (including nights, weekends, holidays and when needed).
Must be able to read, write and speak English clearly. Ability to read and interpret documents such as event orders, diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide. Ability to calculate distance in inches and feet. Ability to perform these operations using units of American measurement and weight.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry-out multi-step instructions. Ability to deal with situations involving multiple variables and constant change. Ability to interpret documents such as event orders, diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Employees are also required, without any assistance, to move, control, stop, and turn a non-motorized steering-wheel equipped cart that weighs up to 2,500 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|