|Back to listing||Apply|
430122- 2nd Shift Guest Room Attendant
Thorough cleaning of guest rooms and adjacent areas daily.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interacts with guests by meeting the 16 Service Standards set by the hotel.
- Removes all trash.
- Dusts all surfaces.
- Vacuums all carpeted areas.
- Sweeps and washes all hard floor surfaces.
- Empties trashcans, clean ashtrays, remove empty bottles and dirty dishes.
- Strips/Makes and Turndowns beds on a daily basis.
- Removes soiled bathroom linen and replaces with clean.
- Replenishes guest’s supplies as necessary.
- Replaces all guest room glassware.
- Scrubs all bathroom fixtures and floor with appropriate solution.
- Uses telephone to identify completion of service.
- Cleans patios and patio furniture.
- Delivers ice to guest rooms.
- Cleans mirrors and windows.
- Orders supplies for area of responsibility.
- Turns in lost and found items according to Hotel policy.
- Reports maintenance problems to housekeeping office.
- Picks up and organizes guest shoes, clothes, newspapers, etc.
- “Pulls” furniture in guestroom as directed.
- Removes bedspreads, fold and place on closet shelf/luggage rack/bench for turndown.
- Closes windows, drapes, blinds and shades for turndown.
- Places foot blanket on bed for turndown.
- Places bedtime story and chocolates on pillow for turndown.
- Switches on nightstand lamps and turns radio on easy listening music for turndown.
- Stocks work cart at end of shift and cleans and organizes linen closet.
- Perform major housecleaning annually.
- General cleaning of public areas as needed.
- Deliveries of guest request items.
- Performs lobby attendant duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Less than high school education; or up to three month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in a physically demanding job preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|