|Back to listing||Apply|
300115-Ristorante del Lago Supervisor/Sommelier
Supervise and coordinate activities of dining room employees engaged in providing courteous and rapid service to diners and responsible for the recommendation and sales of wines and other beverages to guests and the wine sales off premises by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Develop and execute training initiatives and procedures for all staff positions and execute service duties in accordance with Forbes/AAA inspection standards and Broadmoor Standards of Excellence
- Monitor and coach staff as needed to ensure compliance with service standards, spotter standards, Forbes/AAA inspection standards and hotel policies
- Oversee operations in Del Lago and Del Lago Bar
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Account for and record all comp ticket information for each shift
- Report to manager on guest and staff activities for each shift
- Schedule, deploy and/or cut staff based on daily and/or immediate business needs
- Check reservations for special parties and verify complete instructions for said parties
- Present appropriate menus to guests and offer recommendations and descriptions for the purpose of assisting and up-selling the menus
- Assist waitstaff in retrieving items from the kitchen and bar and serve as needed
- Assist the bartender as needed
- Assist the bussers with clearing and resetting of tables as needed
- Ensure station and side work are complete prior to staff departure
- Facilitate hotel orientation classes as needed by HR Training Department
- Actively participates in ongoing training programs through HR training department
- Ensure that all appropriate paperwork is completed and turned in including time logs, comp logs and shift reports and audit daily staff time cards to ensure all punches are correct and transfer staff wages to other departments according to work authorization forms
- Ensure that all pertinent information is communicated to supervisor or manager of upcoming shift(s) and report on guest and staff activities for each shift
- Order and/or requisition products and supplies and maintain stock levels appropriately based on business needs and budgets
- Maintain a level of professionalism that will make guests want to return to the restaurant and anticipate the guest’s needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency
- Effectively communicate with management, chefs, and culinary staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Direct and engage in wine service during restaurant service hours
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles
- Eliminate waste by supervising employees on pour levels, proper storage, etc.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in both the culinary, and wine and spirits world
- Be knowledgeable about different types and regions of wines
- Help customers choose the correct wine for a meal or budget and educate guests on the proper ways to drink and enjoy wine
- Describe the taste and aroma of different wines in a way the guest understand
- Suggest other drinks that may compliment one’s meal
- Maintain and update wine and all other beverage lists, establish sommelier recommendation, and check pricing is up to date and maintain clean, error-free wine lists by constantly updating and reprinting
- Work with restaurant chef on menu and ingredients which are wine friendly
- Carry out wine education classes with FOH staff
- Keep wine cellar of immaculate appearance and order, make sure new deliveries are stored immediately and update on the wine and inventory list
- Maintain knowledge of Broadmoor history and grounds
- Maintain knowledge of Broadmoor restaurants and retail outlets
- Maintain knowledge of local points of interest and activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred and one to two years related experience and/or training with one year in a supervisory role; must have introductory level Sommelier Certificate
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Reservation System software, Accounting software, Inventory software, Payroll systems, and Order processing systems
Directly supervises employees in Del Lago. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing; hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). Occasionally exposed to weather related conditions for outdoor receptions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds and up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|