|Back to listing||Apply|
Responsible for supervising up to 15 Stewarding employees that are directly responsible for cleaning of china, glass, silver, kitchen and back dock areas, dish rooms and trash removal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises and trains stewarding crew to include: proper sanitation, knowledge of MSDS sheets, safe working environment, safety regulations and guidelines, understanding Banquet event orders, fire safety/emergency procedures, proper chemical usage and safety.
- Arranges shift work assignments, monitors and supervises start, break, lunch, and close times.
- Participates and leads fire drills, Departmental meetings, Human Resource training classes, and conducts daily pre-shift meetings.
- Assists with preparing and writing schedules.
- Ensures that all “set-ups” are completed in a timely manor with the correct quantity and quality of equipment needed.
- Ensures proper maintenance of Food and Beverage equipment. Reports broken/damaged equipment to proper departments for repair.
- Provides constructive feedback for performance appraisals of Stewarding staff members.
- Supervises sanitation activities in all kitchens.
- Ensures service ware levels are maintained, available and in place for functions.
- Prepares supply/chemical orders and monitors usage.
- Supervises the organization and maintenance of storage areas to include back of the house hallways, storerooms, and silver rooms. Ensures that fire exits are clear of obstacles.
- Monitors equipment and food distribution procedures.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of service ware par levels.
- Assists chefs with supervision of dish-up functions.
- Maintains cleanliness and appearance of all service ware. Ensures all silver items are polished and in good working order.
- Assists with and supervises inventories.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following.
- Performs tasks as assigned to Stewards.
- Performs tasks as assigned to Drivers.
- Supervises more than one Stewarding outlet at a time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform satisfactorily each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience in a Hospitality environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as Banquet event orders, safety rules, MSDS sheets, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of internal and external customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Must be strong on math skills to determine equipment needs and conduct inventories.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to analyze daily work load to prioritize and delegate work assignments.
Certificates and Licenses:
Must possess valid Colorado Drivers license and ability to drive a van/truck to deliver equipment and supplies.
Must be computer literate to order supplies, do inventories, and prepare reports. Knowledge of Word and Excel recommended.
Directly supervises employees in the Stewarding Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is loud.
|Back to listing||Apply|