|Back to listing||Apply|
440101-Baker II (September Start)
Preparation and presentation of all breads, rolls, breakfast bakeries as served in restaurants and banquets. Assist Lead Baker as necessary. Follow direction of the Executive Baker and Lead Baker in maintaining the highest standards of food quality, taste and production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Daily production of items, including: French bread, Marble Rye bread, Raisin bread, 7-grain rolls, Kaisers, Sourdough, Onion, Pumpernickel, along with special items such as Foccacio, Lavosh, Bread Sticks, Cornbread, Tomato Pistollettes, Assorted Danish, Fruits and Cheese, Assorted Muffins, Bear Claws, Cinnamon Rolls, Donuts, Biscuits, Carrot, Zucchini and Banana Breads, and Croissants
- Portion control presentation and consistency of products, flavor, and doneness.
- Check coolers and freezers for proper rotation of food items to avoid spoilage
- Exhibit full knowledge of bakery machinery, cleaning procedures, safety standards and rules
- Assure that adequate amounts of food products are on hand and assist in
- Assure that proper sanitation procedures are followed
- Box bread for each outlet according to the orders
- Assist chef with inventory and ordering
- Maintain a clean, organized and sanitary work area following safety guidelines
- Follow all hotel and kitchen policies and procedures
- Must be able to maintain Servsafe and health department standards
- Maintain comprehensive preparation and knife skills
- Must be able to understand and adjust recipes according to business levels
- Ensure production of bread in a timely manner
- Prepare food so that quality, taste and appearance of food is in accordance with Broadmoor standards
- Control proper usage and rotation of food
- Alert Lead Baker or direct supervisor to any food quality issues that could have an adverse effect on Broadmoor Resort culinary operations
- Maintain walk-in coolers and food storage areas on a daily basis
- Make sound judgment calls and decisions based upon principles set forth by The Broadmoor culinary management team
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Takes required breaks, notifying supervisor prior to leaving station
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACF Apprenticeship or culinary school graduate; at least one year experience in a full service bakery focusing on breads, breakfast and bakery items.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Occasionally push and/or pull 100+ lbs and lift up to 100 lbs with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
|Back to listing||Apply|