|Back to listing||Apply|
916201- EVR Wrangler
Ensures total guest satisfaction through prompt and efficient service in a courteous and professional manner. Responsible for total care and safety of Guests and horses by performing the following duties:
Essential duties and responsibilities to include the following: Other duties may be assigned:
- Smiles and welcomes guests with a positive attitude that supports the philosophy of The RANCH At Emerald Valley.
- Greets, escorts and verbally acquaints guests to the property and shares details of our facilities and amenities.
- Answers all guest questions and make them feel welcome.
- Treats each guest situation on a case by case basis, always keeping guest’s needs in the forefront.
- Assists other positions and Departments as needed to ensure smooth operations of The RANCH.
- Completes tasks assigned by General Manager.
- Ensures appropriate follow through on guest requests and assigned tasks.
- Assists with ongoing clean up after livestock disposes of trash throughout The RANCH.
- Ensures effective communication with all staff regarding daily horseback riding reservations and scheduled activities.
- Projects a professional image that is in line with The RANCH At Emerald Valley standards.
- Helps to tack, feed, water and provide general care of the horses.
- Guides guests on hikes, as well as assists guests with other activities such as fly-fishing, archery, mountain biking etc.
- Assist with general landscape duties to include but not limited to clearing snow/leaves, mowing, watering and up keeping lawns, roads and flower pots.
- Knows and is able to give directions to hiking trails
- Properly assess each individual guest to determine their riding ability and assign them to a horse.
- Grooms each horse daily and assess any wounds or abnormal behavior, must be able to solve unexpected equine problems.
- Ability to predict and prevent accidents to ensure the safety of guests.
- Provides basic medical care to the horses (i.e.-bandaging, shots, etc.)
- Ability to saddle and unsaddle up to 20 horses a day.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The topics listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Background must include knowledge of, as well as the ability to ride horses. Must have a total understanding of horsemanship, tacking up a horse, as well as the ability to instruct guests in basic riding. Experience or background in fishing, canoeing, mountain biking, hiking, archery, volleyball and other outdoor activities a plus. CPR certified and ability to apply basic first aid preferred. Vet experience, horse training, fixing fence, loading hay, grooming horses, trail guide experience.
Education / Experience:
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and at least three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience working for a Guest/Dude Ranch a plus but not required. Experience in mountain terrain riding conditions.
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, sort correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present and explain information to individuals or groups of guests and/or coworkers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with situations involving several concrete variables in standardized scenarios.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time and walk; use hands to handle, point, feel and reach; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 and/or 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift/pull/push up to 100 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
|Back to listing||Apply|